Conferences are such a great opportunity. An opportunity to focus on one topic an entire day. To learn from people preaching what they have learned on that topic. To meet people who have similar challenges as you, and may even have solved some of them…
On the topic of digital transformation and intranets, there are two conferences I try to attend each year.
The first is Congres Intranet in Utrecht that I have attended since 2015. Each year a new focus, new companies, new topics, always at the forefront of the evolution in the field.
This time I was for instance impressed by the talk of James Robertson about How to deliver simplicity in the digital workplace, and I agree with his statement on the importance of understanding the needs of the workforce. You can find his presentation on SharePoint.
But … this conference was in March and it is over in the Netherlands… so you’ll have to wait til next year and drive (take the train) all the way to Utrecht?
No, there is good news… we have a Belgian counterpart for this event, and that is taking place later this month: the 2nd Brussels Intranet & Digital Workplace Conference on May 23rd… and you are more than welcome to join! I even have a discount code for you… 🙂
But first let me give you 7 reasons why I believe it’s a good idea to join us in Brussels.
- Both the topic and the format are spot on. Keynote presentations, interactive workshops and opportunities to network and meet great new contacts.
- Speakers selected this year are even better (if possible) then last year. I can tell you this because (A) I know about half the listed speakers personally and (B) I am one of them. I’m very honored to have the opportunity to talk about the roots of the digital workplace. Because as in many disciplines: in digital transformation we need to look towards the future, but we also need to have enough understanding of the past to apply lessons learned…
To name the other speakers I know best: I have worked with Oscar Berg in the past and I appreciate his books, so I look forward to his opening keynote. The first case study is also promising: I know Inge Van Wegens very well and I’m interested to listen to her case on the shift to a digital strategy. I also look forward to Geert Nijs talking about aligning learning with the new digital workplace. In the afternoon I will have a hard time choosing between two great workshops: Oscar Berg on Employee Experience (#DEX) and Isabel De Clercq on Social collaboration.. Not yet sure which one I will pick… and then there will be Hans Vandenberghe‘s talk about his work at Mediahuis…
- The organizer, Guy Van Leemput is a very open and cool person to meet. You could also ask him about his Belgian Intranet groups: they are an interesting source of inspiration for all people working on their own intranets and digital workplaces in Belgium.
- The venue is ideally located: centre of Brussels, close to the Brussel North train station.
- The price is right, but I will come back to that at the end.
- You’ll get to meet me…
I hope that could also be a motivator for you… 🙂
Maybe we have met in the past, then I look forward meeting you again.
If not, then I look forward to meet you for the first time…
So, check out the full list of speaker and the entire program at the site of ValueIntranet.
In case you are interested to learn new insights on digital workplace and intranet implementation approaches, do use this link to order at Eventbrite since it uses the “ihop” discount code. That will entitle you to a 10% discount, value of 49 euro… (which brings the price to 441 euro VAT included instead of 490 euro).
See you there?